Sunday, March 26, 2017

Week 10: Springing into the last half of the trip

 The beginning part of this week was spent getting back to reality. After being away from school work and Bonn for two weeks this week was a hard adjustment. The majority of the week was spent studying for tests and getting caught up with school. I was so thrilled that this week my dad and I finally made a time that would work for both of us to FaceTime. It was really good seeing him and getting to hear all the awesome things that are happening back home. On Friday I accidentally got lost going to find ice cream in Old town, but ran into a street with the most beautiful cherry blossoms (pictured above). I'm in awe of how beautiful it was. Spring is my favorite time of year and their is nothing I love more than Texas wildflowers. Although I will not be able to experience the wildflowers this year, I am beyond excited to experience Bonn's spring beauty.

AIB Big Event Group
Saturday we got to participate in Big Event here in Bonn. This truly was one of the best memories I have made on the trip. I was amazed that we were able to participate in the Big Event even though we were 5,000 miles away from A&M. Of course we started off the event with yells, which reminded how much I really did miss them and the aggie spirit. The group I was involved with got to work in an educational garden, where I cut brush and got to plant new plants. This was a ton of fun besides the fact they had active beehives and I am allergic so I was a little paranoid at some points. I am just so glad that I got to give back to the community that has been my home for these last couple of months. On Sunday I decided that I would go on an excursion to the Neanderthal museum in Dusseldorf. This was so interesting. We got to see recreated sculptures of what they believed Neanderthal's to look like. We were also able to go to an animal park that had animals from the ice age era. We got to see animals that the Germans bred to represent the animals that were once extinct. My favorite of these animals that we saw had to be the ox because they look so much like cows and it made me feel like I was back at home.

Just chilling with our new bestie

No comments:

Post a Comment