Friday, March 3, 2017

Week Five- School and Sickness

This week has been relatively slow in comparison to previous weeks. I went out with Andy, one of the student workers here at AIB, and several others. We had a lot of fun hopping from one club to the next. It was really cool to see Cerci and Madeleine sing Karaoke. We went to the Leverkusen vs. Frankfurt Soccer game the next day. It was interesting to see how German Fans show their support at games. I got so cold that when I stood up at the end and tried to walk down the stairs I almost fell because my leg muscles were stiff. The girls in the program also had a Galentine's lunch and secret cupid exchange for Valentine's Day. It was really great getting to do something nice for someone else. Everyone has been taking turns getting sick. I also have been trying to study for Physiology, and work on my Enmodes project. I seem to have fallen behind in everything. I am getting frustrated with myself because my grades are not where I want them to be but I am not putting in the effort to fix that. I am getting into a viscous cycle of being anxious and stressed over something to the point where I can't function and get my work done which in turn makes the problem worse.

  I was really excited to see my grandparents this weekend. I really wanted to show them all the pictures I have already taken. It was going to be difficult to try and explain everything I have done since the last time I saw them, since my german isn't very good and they don't speak english. However, I caught the cold that was going around AIB forcing me to spend my weekend at home. My grandfather is 93 and in poor health while my grandmother is 90. Visiting them while sick could be potentially very dangerous for them so I stayed home. My host mom and dad have super nice and accommodating towards me. I really appreciate them and their support.

No comments:

Post a Comment