Saturday, March 4, 2017

Week 6- I alaaf Germany

What a crazy weekend this was. I can honestly say Karneval was one of the craziest events I have ever experienced. I am so glad I was able to be here to have the experience for sure. Thursday we started the festivities at the parade in Beuel. We attended the parade as a group which turned into a lot of fun. Not to add I am super proud of myself for trying a raw pork sandwich, which was quite delicious by the way. Here is our group photo from Thursday of course in all of our awesome costumes.

Friday was a very interesting day, there was not really any type of parades that I heard of, but we got to experience a German Fraternity party. I was shocked of how similar, but different fraternities are here and in America. On Saturday I decided to travel to Cologne to experience Karneval there. This was obviously way different then Bonn just because of the shear numbers of people. I have never been on a train or any public transportation that was so packed. I felt like I was in an aggie bus that was already at capacity and the bus driver was yelling no we can fit 75 people on here take off your bags and move back. Cologne was a ton of fun though we went there to see the ghost parade that we never truly found, but the night life was an experience in its self. On Sunday I was blessed with the opportunity to participate with AIB in a parade in Beuel. This was an experience of a lifetime. I cannot even describe the atmosphere and the shear amount of fun this parade was. Here is our group yelling " Alaaf".
Now on to Rosa Montag, this was the largest parade I have ever been to. The parade lasted for about three hours. The floats were absolutely incredible and so was the huge bag full of kamelle  (candy). Karneval was incredible and one of the most interesting experiences I have ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment