Thursday, March 2, 2017

Week 6- Karneval, Karneval, Karneval...

Karneval, the fifth season, the five day weekend we had all been WAITING for. What have I ever done to you to deserve such an experience!
That is seriously how we all felt at the end of Karneval, the faces say it all! 


Nope, JUST KIDDING! Karneval was not that bad to me, don't get wrong it could've been better, but definitely worse. I can't say I regret it! Honestly, this weekend oddly made me feel more at home. For the five days of Karneval I was my own person, I felt like I was back at home in Houston staying the night at friends' houses and just going "with the wind"! It was honestly quite an experience, definitely five nights for the books! Haha I could see myself coming back for more, people party hard here, I actually felt like the underdog in it all. But so here's how it went:

Day 1: Parade by day! Partying at Carpe Noctum by night, did not make it home to see my host family
                              


Day 2: WWOOOOOHHOOOO Frat Party with a German Frat tonight! Definitely did not make it home to my host family!
Day 3: Cologne, Cologne! This was probably the most interesting night of all. If you haven't heard I don't have very much luck with the German trains. All in one night, I got lost, I fell asleep on a train, lost a taxi, and winded up in the middle of nowhere waiting for a train, and not to mention we even got passed up by a train! Oh good times man, good times! Nope not tonight either, still didn't make it home to see my host family!
Day 4: Parade by day! and nope no partying tonight, Cologne was enough!  But yep, you guessed it I finally made it home! I walked through the door, and my host mom said "Look at my little foreign partying girl, shes finally back!"
Day 5: Parade, dancing, and drinking by day! I had so much fun at the parade but my body was practically begging for sleep! Between Day 4 and 5, I had roughly 20 hours of sleep!

Haha, moral of the story kids, you have to be on the German's level to party with them for all five days of Karneval. But I survived and I am still Alaaf! 

So yea, Karneval next year anybody?

No comments:

Post a Comment