Saturday, March 4, 2017

Week 5 KARNEVAL


Karneval was definitely an experience!! Thursday was to day to kick it off!! In the morning we got to go to the parade in Beuel. Just being surrounded by everyone so happy and dancing was so satisfying. The parade was so much fun! For this parade (and all the parades) I get to stand in the front because I am so short and it’s honestly the best because I get to catch so many treats! Sadly I, as well as all of the engineers, had to end all of the fun right after the parade due to our diffy q test… We did however, have fun studying! The test did not go as well as we expected to… For that reason we felt to need to go out and get a few drinks after to take our mind off of it and get back into the Karneval mood. Friday I got to sleep in and shop with Maggie and Austin, which was very relaxing. That night we had to get a head start on studying for physiology and the death week that was to come. Saturday Maggie’s host family had a party for their neighborhood parade and she was able to invite all of our friends. It was so much fun! Her host family is so sweet and they make good potato salad!! We stayed out all day to celebrate Claire’s birthday and at night went to a ‘disko’. That was one for the books! Sunday was the parade we walked in and it was so hard to walk that long after Saturday! I was so happy to go home after and finally rest for a little. Monday we started super early and headed to Cologne for the giant parade, which was, hands down, my favorite part of Karneval! This parade was HUGE (and long)! We were all pretty cranky in the morning but our moods changed once we found a super cute park in Cologne. We acted like kids for a little while and then happily proceeded to the parade. That was a very long day but so much fun! I was sad when I got home because Karneval was pretty much over and that meant we had to go back for an incredibly hard week! So grateful I was able to get the Karneval experience though! I hope I will get to come back in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment