Sunday, March 19, 2017

Week 7- Family Time

This was one of our busiest school weeks so far, even though we had Monday off for Karneval. I had class back to back from 10:15-5 on Tuesday. We had a huge pharmacology quiz on Wednesday and on Thursday we had our Enmodes presentation and German final. I wasn't sure how our Enmodes presentation would go, but it actually went really well. Our groups have now been combined into larger ones and I'm looking forward to continuing to work on our ideas.

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing, outdoor and natureMy uncle had a conference in Lille, France, this week. He could've spent the weekend anywhere in Europe, but he was nice enough to rent a car and drive the three hours to Bonn to spend the weekend with me. I met him near AIB- I think we scared some locals by how obnoxiously loud we were when we first found each other. I showed him AIB, he met some of my friends, and we ate dinner at a nice restaurant. My uncle stayed in a hotel in Bad Godesberg that was close enough to my house that I could walk there. I met him each morning for breakfast, which was absolutely delicious. On Saturday, we drove south along the Rhine River. We stopped in Remagen to see the famous bridge, and in Koblenz to take the cable car up to the fortress. I think my favorite part of the whole day was just riding in the front seat of a car and jamming out to music with my uncle. 

The next day we went to Cologne. We went to the top of the Koln Triangle, which is an observation deck that gives you a 360 degree view of Cologne. We then crossed the Hohenzollern Bridge and laughed at the ridiculous amount of love locks on it. My uncle was very impressed with the size of the Cologne Cathedral. We ended up accidentally attending a very special Mass in Polish there. There was a huge procession, Mass was said by a bishop, and camera crews filmed the Mass. The church was packed! It was a really cool experience for both of us. After that, we went to two breweries and then headed back to Bonn. We ate dinner and then my uncle met my host family as he was dropping me off. I was kind of sad after he left-it was really nice to have family with me here, at least for a little while. I'll always be thankful that he spent the weekend in Germany with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment