Thursday, March 23, 2017

Week 8 France

Monday: we got on the bus early in the morning. I got breakfast from the bus station bakery and it was surprisingly marginal. I made it to the bus on time, but still unfortunately had to sit close to Nicole:( but thankfully I got two seats to myself. Omran was late and we all thought we were leaving him but we just picked him up. The bus ride was not very fun. I am not a fan of the law that makes the driver stop at a random gas station every two hours or so. The museum we stopped at that day was actually interesting. I really enjoyed the impressionist art that was in the lower sections. The weather sucked that day and nothing was really open for lunch. we drove onward after that to the the town of Beurne [sic?]. We had dinner at this small restaurant and the meal was super lecher.

Tuesday: Tuesday we went to the hotel of diu and saw where they took care of the sick way back when. The building was impressive. I liked the lady who led the tour, she had some funny jokes which made the tour interesting. We got back onto the bus and headed towards Paris. We got into paris just before dinner. Alexa was already there so it was good to see that she made it to paris. I felt bad that we left her behind. We went to go eat crepes that night which I enjoyed. We sat at a big table with Dr. Wasser and we all got to know each other a lot better. After that I went home and took an ISYS test which I did well on.

Wednesday: We woke up and went on the biking tour. I enjoyed the biking tour although it was a little hectic at times. Durkee ran into a truck, Julian ran into a barricade, sarahi fell, and raju ate it hard. I could tell from a mile a way that raju was gonna crash sometime during the bike ride. Raju was sticking pretty close to me the whole time so I was doing my best to stay clear of him. The tour itself was very informative. Julian has some really interesting points and facts to offer. I really enjoyed the macaroons dr. wasser got for us (we went back multiple times later that week). Then we were all fairly hungry and tired but we went to the medical schools medical museum. We stopped by the notre dam. The notre dam is one of my favorite cathedrals. I really like the huge rose windows. The medical museum was interesting enough howerver I think we went at the wrong time. Most of us were pretty wiped out from the bike tour and really hungry, so it was hard to sit through the long lecture the tour guide gave us. What was really interesting was how excited Dr. Wasser was about the people table.

Thursday: I skipped the walking tour to finish my essay for VIBS 311. I went to lunch with james and maggie on the street next to the macaroon place. On the way to the Louvre we then walked down the really expensive shopping street that has a bunch of silly looking clothes that weird rich people wear. Julian then took us through the Lourve on his tour. I had been to the Lourve before, but i enjoyed this time much more than the last. Julian gave a great tour. My favorite work was the one that covers the Coldplay album and the big winged bust. I wish we could have stayed longer but the louvre closed early.

Friday: Friday we went to the palace of Versaille. I had already been before so it was not new to me. However, it is still magnificent to see regardless. I didn't spend too much time in the palace itself. I finished quickly and so did Merci. That was cool because it gave us a chance to get to know each other. We walked around the garden and talked. The garden looked really sad however as nothing was in bloom, the weather was dreary, none of the fountains were on and all the sculptures were covered up. We had a picnic with julian which consisted of a really good baguette and a wide assortment of cheese. For dessert we had the best yogurt my tongue has ever and a really good ginger cake.





No comments:

Post a Comment