Sunday, March 5, 2017

Week 6 - Karneval... ALAAF

So this weekend was/is Karneval weekend.  Let me tell you, these Germans know how to party.  It is 4 straight days of non-stop music, food, drinking, and parades throughout everywhere.  We had a group trip to Beuel and saw the parade there for Women's Karneval which was a lot of fun.  The only thing that could have made it better would be if we hadn't had the most challenging differential equations test that night.  But anyways week 6 itself was stressful but, the weekend made up for it.  I was also able to get my spring break planned and cannot wait to go to Spain.  This is seriously a dream come true.  Karneval was so much fun.  Monday was Rosenmontag and a group of friends and I went to Köln to see the parade there.  The parade was absolutely massive and there were so many people there throwing candy and confetti and celebrating.  There were so many floats that were absolutely massive.  There was everything from math floats, to political floats, to floats about beer to floats about washing clothes.  Unfortunately the day didn't start off as well as it ended.  We decided to get up at the butt crack of dawn and go to Köln.  It was 6 in the morning, cold, and I was hangry.  It was not a good combination, but as we got some Berliners, bacon flavored chips, and "milch" ;) the day exponentially improved.  That same weekend my host brother and sister came back from college and I got to spend some time with them.  My host sister took me out to a club and we danced the whole night.  It was nice to get to spend some time with her.  My host brother came home with his girlfriend so I didn't get to spend as much time with him.  Although he invited me to go to some European movement called "The Pulse of Europe" I think.  I wanted to go to get to know him, but I ended up sleeping through the time he was wanting to go, so I ended up not going.  All in all week 6 was most definitely a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment