Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Week 8

Bonjour from Paris! This week has been so much fun. It was such a nice break from the monotony of school and tests. We began the week with one of the most fun things that I have done on this trip. It was a bike tour around Paris. It was so much fun and we had beautiful weather which made it so much better. We got to see a lot of crazy beautiful things and of course the Eiffel tower. I honestly was thinking before this trip that the Eiffel tower was probably overhyped and wouldn't be near as good/beautiful as everyone says. I WAS SO WRONG. It was gorgeous. I could probably spend a part of everyday for the rest of my life sitting in front of the Eiffel tower and never get tired of seeing it. It was so pretty and overwhelming and just simply amazing. My bike breaking halfway through the tour was probably the worst part, but good ole' Nick came to the rescue and rode it the rest of the way for me. I will be forever grateful because he was drenched in sweat by the end.

Another great part of our trip to Paris was the day we went to Versailles. It would have been better if there wouldn't have been so many tourists but that's true with everywhere we go. The palace was really pretty and a little over the top, but I like it that way. We also got to have like a little farewell picnic with Julien with baguettes and special French meats and cheeses. Turns out that I don't really like that many French meats or cheeses but the event in itself was really nice and I really enjoyed it. And while I did really enjoy France, I kind of miss the easy going feel of Bonn. I've learned that really big cities just aren't my thing. But now we are on to Italy where we will go to Florence and Rome before a quick trip to Berlin. Super excited for spring break and finally some warm weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment