Monday, April 2, 2012

Weekend before last


Two Fridays ago, after waiting so long for it to come out and getting so excited, we finally got to see The Hunger Games!!!! Several of us had been planning for a while, trying to figure out which movie theaters would have the original version (the closest one was the Kinopolis in Bad Godesburg), what time it would be playing (5:30 pm), and all the other details. A group of us went more than an hour before it was playing to make sure we would be able to get seats. As we walked up to the theater, Candy and I kept grabbing each other and almost jumping up and down out of excitement. I am glad to say that I thought the movie was as good as I hoped it would be. There were a few things I might have done differently, but overall I was very happy with it.

Saturday night almost everyone went to Megan's house for her birthday party. Andrea, Kathryn and I met up on accident at the bus stop while waiting for the 608 bus which was supposed to get us there right on time, but unfortunately it never showed up. While we were waiting, though, we were entertained by some men who were waiting at the stop for every bus, and when a bus came they would get on, check everyone's ticket, and then get off. We were surprised by how many people were actually busted for riding the bus with no ticket. Finally the next 609 bus came, and we found Megan's house. I had helped Megan get some of the food the day before, so I should have known approximately how much there was, but they (Megan and Katie) had made so much food it was incredible. It was Mexican food, which was a welcome treat since it is not very available in Germany, and it was delicious. For dessert there was both Black Forest cake and homemade streusel, both of which were very good. It was also really fun to just hang out with everyone who was there and have a good time.

On Sunday, Kathryn and I decided to try going to the American Protestant Church in Bad Godesburg. I had already been once by myself, but I went to the traditional service, and this time we went to the contemporary service. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I knew almost every song that was sung, and I enjoyed being able to understand the sermon.

No comments:

Post a Comment