Sunday, April 1, 2012

Remagen!


On Friday, the class took a bike tour to Remagen, a small town 25 km away from Bonn. Honestly, I was a little nervous about biking the whole way since I haven’t ridden a bike in a while. On top of that, it had been raining earlier that day so the roads were slippery. However, we all made it there without a hitch. Our first stop was lunch at an Italian restaurant. The food was absolutely delicious! After that, we made our way to the Peace Museum. It was interesting to learn about the town’s history during World War II, especially from the previous mayor, Herr Kurten. I had not heard about Remagen before so it was interesting learning about the large impact that World War II had on it and the people there. In addition, Herr Kurten's passion for peace was inspiring. His enthusiasm really captivated me! After the tour, a few of us decided to ride our bikes back to Bonn. On the way, Candy’s bike broke so we had to make our way to the nearest train station. I have to admit that this was a little nerve-racking because we didn’t know where we were. However, with Kristin’s help, we made it safely to the train station and then back to Bonn.


All in all, this was an eventful and productive week! I have to continue studying for my physiology test now so tschuss!

No comments:

Post a Comment