Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Marathon training begins! Again…


I really haven’t been doing so hot with the whole marathon training schedule.  I signed up along with everyone else to do the half marathon at the end of April.  We had planned out the running schedule, braved the cold, and were doing pretty well for a while, and then school took over and I stopped running.  I mean, I have been pretty active in the off time I just haven’t been running a lot of distance.  I’ve been going for short runs in the woods by my house (I am so happy to live out in the country, even if it is a long bus ride), doing some Pilates on my own, and of course biking around some days.  Today I decided that I needed to step it up since the marathon is only a few weeks.  So I enlisted Austin and Joanna to go running, and we all brought our stuff to AIB to go for a run after class.   The first few miles were quite nice.  The weather was perfect and the Rhine is such a scenic place to run so it didn’t really feel painful at all the first few miles.   Miles 4 and 5 went by pretty nicely, but around mile 6 my legs started to hurt a ton! We kept pushing through and manage to run 9 miles, with a bit of walking interspersed.   It was exciting, but also very very painful. 

Now I just have to make some more progress on my 485 project and then BMEN 240 starts up again on Thursday and then it is Easter!  I am a little bummed that I will not be going to Munich over the 4 day weekend, but Trier and hanging around Bonn will be fun.  I am definitely going to Munich at the end of the trip though.  So many things to do and see, so little time!



No comments:

Post a Comment