Saturday, April 21, 2012

Faces!

So it seems that it took almost 4 months for me to realize how big Bonn really isn't. Hopefully that made sense. Anyways, it seems that I keep running into the same people over and over! I've seen one of Mrs. Arteaga's friends twice outside Landsgericht and other random people that I'll pay attention to once and then a few days later see them sitting outside a cafe or something. Or it may have something to do with the fact that I don't travel very far within the actual city. Except that the other day I was leaving Bad Godesberg and got to Deutsche Telekom at like 1030 pm? It was cold and after jumping for a few minutes this guy said something to me that I couldn't understand so I smiled and laughed. 2 days later waiting at the Hauptbahnhof the same guy passed in front of me on the way to the tram home. However the one I enjoyed the most probably had to happen today. A few weeks ago I noticed this guy get on the tram in central Bonn and it was hard not to notice him since he was carrying around a didgeridoo. A few days ago I saw him again somewhere and then on the way home today he hopped on the same tram and we recognized each other. We ended up talking with him using semi-broken English and me using hand gestures every once in a while trying to get our points across. Misunderstandings and silences were broken by us laughing but all in all it was a fun 20 minutes talking to him. With these last 2 weeks left in Bonn I'm sure that I'll still bump into people at least one last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment