Sunday, April 15, 2012

Magdeburg and Chilifest!

So today, I made my first trip completely alone. It was pretty nerve wracking, considering I don't speak any German. I was really worried that I would get lost and not be able to find my way back due to the language barrier. Luckily, I made it here safely, found the hostel, and all is right with the world.

Yesterday we had a makeshift chilifest at Austins house :) It was a blast. I made Texas Chili and Etouffee while Austin made sweet potato chili (my new favorite). We got nearly the whole group together and the food was fabulous. Good food + great friends = awesome time.

A friend back home has been keeping track of how long till I come back to Texas. Apparently today is 26 days. When he told me I realized how bummed I was to go back home. I've really gotten comfortable here and made some really great friends. It's just not going to be the same NOT seeing them every day..


1 comment:

  1. I keep trying to make the picture smaller and for some reason it wont let me. I apologize profusely.

    ReplyDelete