Tuesday, April 10, 2012

English!

Sunday was our last day so everything we didn't do Saturday had to be done then. We woke up and immediately made our way to Waterloo to get to the London Eye. It was a slow ride but it was worth it. Seeing London from that high up was so amazing! It seemed to expand into forever. We left and went to Tower Hill to get tickets for the Tower of London and resigned ourselves to wait in the long line despite our rush. Not even 3 minutes after waiting 2 guys comeup to us and asked if we were students and if we wanted to buy their tickets. Why not? Walking to the entrance talking to these two guys I found out they were from Georgia Tech, studying in France and that one of them is studying Nuclear Engineering. If I rarely meet another person in the Nuclear Engineering dept. at school outside of class what were the odds I'd meet one in London? I don't know why but this made me pretty happy. Chibuzo and I went inside and about 5 minutes in we see this show being performed on the grass and when it finished we started to walk away, but I stopped to look at this man dressed up debating whether I should take a picture with him. We stood there talking long enough for one of the ladies who was dressed up to invite us onto the grass to join in the Medieval dance. I got paired up with a little girl to the left of me and a grown man in full costume to the right of me. The dance involved skipping to the left, right, center, out, turning to your partner and doing some little dance, bowing and repeat. Dancing with this group it was so fun that I stopped listening to the music and completely forgot about the crowd watching on the other side of the fence.
We finished seeing the greater part of the Tower, ended up at a market to shop some more, went to Regent's Park and then found our way back home. This weekend was pretty fun but the best part had to be everything that happened at Tower Hill.
I have to say that when I got back to Germany it's kind of hard not to miss hearing English and understanding just about everyone around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment