Sunday, April 15, 2012

Bayer, Neanderthals, and Cologne


On Wednesday of this week, the group went on an excursion to Bayer and to the Neanderthal Museum in Dusseldorf. Before going on our tour at Bayer, I had thought that they primarily made painkillers. However, they also manufacture a wide variety of other things. I definitely learned a lot! My favorite part of the excursion was the Neanderthal museum. When we got there, the first thing I noticed was the large amount of kids milling around. I immediately got excited because museums geared towards kids are always a lot of fun. Our tour guide had an interesting way of presenting the information in that she asked us a lot of questions about how we thought the Neanderthals lived, etc. This method kept us on our toes constantly, but I enjoyed it!

Other than the excursion on Wednesday, my week was preoccupied by going to class and doing schoolwork. However, on Thursday, I was able to travel to Cologne after class to visit two friends from high school. One is studying abroad this semester in Lyon, France, while the other is studying abroad in Nottingham, England. It was really nice seeing them and we had a lot of fun catching up!

No comments:

Post a Comment