Monday, April 23, 2012

Random Mix




Last Thursday we went on a Rhine cruise and I now know why they call it the "Romantic Rhine River." The seven mountains, all the castles, everything was so nice and beautiful. The Hildegard Museum was also very interesting. Since we had a class over her before going to the museum, I felt like we could connect and understand the tour better. The weather was a little against our favor when we got to Bingen, but the food made up for it. I think that lunch was one of my favorites! The wine, bacon-mushroom sauce, french fries, and cappuccino for dessert were delicious.

Speaking of delicious, we all know that Milka chocolate is good, but last week it blew my mind. I love oreos, so I was excited when my host sister asked me if I wanted the huge chocolate bar. I strongly recommend it!
Our hiding spot!


Coming back to Thursday, we also got to hike up St. Goar to Rheinfelds Castle. Once we got there, being the mature college students that we are, we noticed the castle ruins were like a perfect playground! Therefore, we started playing Hide-and-Seek throughout the castle and I must say we had a blast. Once Dr. Wasser and Kristin told us we were about to leave, I felt like a little kid saying, "5 more minutes Mommy please!" Actually, I did say that.

On Saturday, we went to the soccer game of Koln vs. Stuttgart. Soccer has always been a part of my life, so I loved getting the chance to watch a game here in Germany. After we tied the game (which was stupid), we took a packed tram to the center of Cologne to get dinner. Naturally, I somehow missed the stop and only noticed it when I saw the cathedral getting farther and farther away. I got off at the next stop and walked back to the center. On my way there, I passed by a carnival/fair which seemed like a lot of fun!

I've also been shadowing at the University Clinic in Venusberg and have been enjoying getting confused for the new doctor boss. Apparently there's a new boss coming in and I got confused for being her last week. The intimidated faces made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment