Sunday, April 22, 2012

April 15-22: Bonn Marathon


So I ran 13.1 miles (21km) this morning.... and....

My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt. My legs hurt.

But Candy's probably hurt much more than mine. Way to go to everyone who participated in the Bonn Marathon. Whether you did the relay, 1/2, or were absolutely crazy (in a good way) and did the full marathon, great job!

Preparing for this 1/2 wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Don't get me wrong, there were some days when I had to use every ounce of will power I had to put on my shoes and get out the door to train. There were some parts of the race when I wanted to quit and just start walking because everything hurts. But in the end, it's all worth it. It's really motivating to see hundreds of other people running and suffering with you. About halfway through the race, and then again at the finish, I felt strangely human. While running those long distances, I thought "yeah! This is why humans evolved this way in the first place!"

Anyways, I'm glad it's over, and I feel really accomplished. It makes me want to run some sort of event every year. That'd definitely keep me in shape, and it'd keep me mentally strong as well. We'll see.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment