Sunday, April 8, 2012

Pros About Not Going to London (or maybe just trying to make myself feel better)

This past week has been all about Biochemistry! Quiz on Monday, test on Tuesday, a final review, a homework assignment and our final Thursday. With all this on my plate this week, it gave me no chance to study for our test in Physiology this upcoming Thursday. Therefore, I had to cancel my Easter weekend traveling plans. I'm extremely sad that I didn't get to go to London this weekend, but I know it would have been complete suicide to leave the Physiology test to the last minute.

Besides having more time to study, this weekend also gave me time for other things I hadn't considered. For example, after my test Thursday I was exhausted. The lack of sleep was kicking in and since I had nowhere else to be, I slept the evening away and have now caught up on my sleep. Friday I just stayed home and had one of the laziest days of the semester. It was awesome or should I say, "hamma" like the Germans do when they say awesome in slang. (See link below for a popular "hamma" music video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jmO3i68kj0

Also, I was able to continue with my marathon training and go on a long 15-mile run yesterday. I probably would have not gone running at all if I would have been in London. I can't believe the marathon is so close!

Lastly, if I would not have stayed this weekend I would not have spent some time with my other host sister, Helen. She lives in Frankfurt and came to visit for Easter weekend. Being the Latin dancing freak that I am, I was extremely excited to hear she teaches salsa in Frankfurt. She was also happy to hear we share the same interest and took me to a Latin club here in Bonn yesterday. I have been salsa dancing once this semester with the group and I had a lot of fun. The difference between that day and yesterday was that Helen knew everyone! I felt like everywhere I turned someone was yelling her name. I met so many people I don't remember their names, but I had a blast! The music was good and it also helped that the DJ was Helen's friend (of course), so she would recommend many songs we wanted. All that dancing plus my run yesterday has left me super sore today which must mean I'm doing something right.

Tschuss!


No comments:

Post a Comment