Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sporty Weekend

After what seemed like a relaxing weekend, this week is not going to be that fun. Any sort of procrastination is catching up with me, mostly in terms of math homework that's left to be finished. Before thinking about my future demise I'd like to reminisce over this weekend one last time. Saturday was the soccer match with Cologne and Stuttgart! I had no idea why I expected to stay for 4 hours or so like a football game but this game felt so short. Anyways, in as few as words as possible it was pretty fun! I didn't quite understand everything (especially the bleating goats noises until I realized that they corresponded to a point gained by some team playing elsewhere) but Andrea was kind enough to answer any questions I had. Thanks! The game ended in a tie but all the yelling and whatnot throughout the match made some of the A&M games at home seem slightly tame.
Last night before falling asleep I was wondering why I decided to sign up for the marathon relay today. The morning was pretty cold to not be wearing a jacket but by the end of it all the weather felt quite nice out. Not being in the best of shape the beginning wasn't that great but when I caught up with this group of Germans in front of me I kept pace with them and it went pretty easy after that. After a while I caught up with Candy but we parted ways on the Kennedy bridge as she went faster or I went slower. Either or, most likely the latter. I made it to the end and passed on the timer to Vincent and felt quite content at running as much as I did. It's nothing compared to what everyone else so kudos to them, especially Candy and that other girl who ran the marathon! So overall it's been a great weekend and slightly unproductive but now it's time to word hard. Since I didn't take any photos this week I'm gonna steal one that Andrea took earlier today.

No comments:

Post a Comment