Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Holy Musical B@man!!! oh yeah, and chilli

Last Friday was Friday the 13th, which for many is considered unlucky, but I couldn't wait for this inauspicious day. Why, you ask? Because this was the day of the release of the long-awaited most recent Starkid (creators of A Very Potter Musical) production, Holy Musical B@man, on youtube. Unfortunately, due to the musical not being released until 9pm eastern time, and since Kathryn (the only other person who was as excited as I was about the release, for some strange reason) and I did not want to stay up until 4 in the morning, the viewing of Holy Musical B@man had to be postponed until Saturday. Since Saturday morning was used to catch up on some much-needed sleep, and then the afternoon was devoted to working on our differential equations project, and then it was time for chillifest, we didn't actually get to watch it until Saturday night. However, it was well worth the wait, and completely made my week. I still can't understand why no one else seems at all as fascinated or entertained as I am about this (except for possibly Kathryn), and if I am singing the songs from the musical and talking about it nonstop for the next week or so, I hope you all can have patience with me.

Now I will backtrack a bit to talk about chillifest, which was fun in its own right, even if it did contribute to the delaying my viewing of Holy Musical B@man. When Kathryn, Andrea, and I arrived straight from working on our project, only Austin and Katie were there, but since we were hungry we decided to eat anyway. After a bowl of Katie's etouffee, I had difficulty saving any for the others who would arrive later. I had never had etouffee before, and it was so good that it took a great exercise of willpower to not to eat bowl after bowl. Fortunately there were two other varieties of chilli, including sweet potato chilli, which was also a new experience for me. After the food, we had a good time hanging out, playing a strange version of go fish and revisiting our middle school days by playing MASH, but unfortunately once everyone arrived we were a little low on food, so four of us set out with the vague goal of getting more food. We ended up being separated, and Kathryn and I decided to just take a stroll around the neighborhood. We had a lovely chat and got lots of exercise, but on the way back it started raining on us. All in all, it may not sound like much, but it was a very fun day of camaraderie and food.





Face-off between Batman and Superman, that can only lead to disaster and hilarity!












Rogues are we! (Villains' song)



















Batman flying in his jet (the slow one)










Sweet Tooth (new villain who commits candy-themed crimes)

The dynamic duet!

No comments:

Post a Comment