Sunday, April 15, 2012

Chilifest and 11 miles


After a busy week, it was nice to take a little break on Friday. My break consisted of laying in bed, watching Vampire Diaries, and then going to bed earlier than usual. On Saturday, Kathryn, Joanna, and I worked on our differential equations project in the morning and then we joined the group at Austin’s house for our own pseudo-chilifest. Austin and Katie both made delicious chili and crawfish etouffee! I had so much fun just spending time with everyone and eating yummy food.

Today, Kathryn, Joanna, and I decided to run 11 miles. This turned out to be more difficult than I anticipated. Granted, I had not run for two weeks and the last long run that I did was 9 miles. Despite this, I thought I would be able to run the whole thing without stopping. However, my knee had other plans. I have had knee problems for the past several years so I regularly wear a brace when I exercise. At about mile 8, my knee started acting up, so much so that I had to walk for a while. After that, I tried walking and running the rest of the way despite my knee. Needless to say, I was ecstatic when I made it home. This debacle makes me a little nervous for the coming half-marathon. I hope that I’m able to run the whole 13.1 miles without stopping!

Me during my run...

PS. The chili picture I’m using is from Katie! Thanks, Katie!

No comments:

Post a Comment