Friday, April 27, 2012

Farwell Party


So long…farewell…Auf Wiedersehn…goodbye! Okay so yes I realize The Sound of Music was not filmed in Germany, and that we did not sing this during the farewell party, but it just popped in my head so I figured I would share.  Today was the Farwell Party at the AIB, which was a little ironic since our semester is far from finished.  The LMU people, however, are already done with finals (lucky ducks) so we decided to celebrate early. 

The party was a blast.  How could you not enjoy yourself with good drinks, good food, good friends, and good music? I even got the chance to two-step again.  Even though the music wasn’t quite country music we made the best of it, and had a lot of fun.  I think we surprised the non-Texans with our two-steppin’ talent, but it was a nice reminder of home.  You will be shocked to hear that I barely remembered how to two-step since it has been so long, but thankfully it came back quickly and I was able to teach Cameron and Austin how to do the “thread the needle” dance move.  Lots of whirling and twirling.  Unfortunately I do not have pictures of the event since my memory card was conveniently not in my camera, but Katie has one that I will share.
Photo cred: Katie

With the party over I cannot wait to be done with finals and in Berlin, where we will have a blast and our own farewell before all heading off to various places.

No comments:

Post a Comment