Sunday, April 29, 2012

Aachen, Device Design, 1 Week Left!


On Wednesday, we all went to Aachen on a group trip.  First, we visited the Helmholtz Institute.  It was so cool learning about the different cardiovascular bioengineering projects that the students and professors were working on there.  However, what I found surprising was that not only were they working on their own projects, but they were also made themselves available to test various models that other companies had designed. 



My favorite part about the trip to Aachen was visiting the cathedral and the treasury.  It housed many important artifacts given to the church by Charlemagne and Barbarossa, such as a throne for God made from the stones that Jesus had walked on, a beautiful chandelier, and various bones from Charlemagne. 

On Thursday, the VTPP 435 students presented our device design projects that we had been working on this whole semester.  After finishing the presentation, I felt like a huge load had been lifted off of my shoulders to say the least.  I can’t believe that we are finally coming to the end of this amazing trip!  It is definitely going to be a bittersweet ending.  It will be sad to leave Europe but at the same time, I miss home so much. 
Our Parakidney!

We only have one week left of school, but it seems like we have so many things to fit in before we’re done!  Between my 485 research paper, four finals, and an infinite amount of math assignments, it seems surreal that we’ll be done in a week.  I’m looking forward to after finals because Kathryn and I will be making a short trip to Amsterdam and then we are all going to Berlin.  I’m excited to be just able to have fun and not worry about school!

Forgive me for how choppy this blog post is, I’ve just spent all day finishing 8 math assignments.  Anyway, my next blog post will be after finals so until then!  

No comments:

Post a Comment