Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Week 6: Sweet Times in Sweden

This past week has been the best week of my trip so far! We only had school three days this week which was very stress relieving, Karneval started this week with us getting to march in one of the parades which was a great experience, and the best part going to Sweden and Norway! Karneval was awesome, after we finished in the parade with AiB I put on my costume and joined the party. It made up pretty well for missing Mardi Gras this year back home, and it was really funny to see how everyone was dressed up like it was Halloween. It was also quite the trip getting back from Köln but luckily we all made it back safe and sound. It took a lot more traveling than I thought it would to get to our destination in Norway but it was completely worth the three planes, all-night train, and the two hour van ride. The air BnB we stayed at was perfect with a view to match and being able to drive less than an hour away to Sweden and see the Northern Lights definitely makes it on my top ten experiences of all time. The trip overall was the best vacation I've ever been on and those are definitely memories I will cherish for life. I got to see snow for the first time, build a snowman, have a snowball fight, and we cooked all of our own meals in our nice little cabin, so nothing but good times on that trip. I am a little glad to be back in some somewhat warmer weather though even though it still isn't as nice and warm as back home it's still warmer than the arctic circle. Hopefully the next few weeks will be filled with just as much fun and excitement!

#Gentletrain








No comments:

Post a Comment