Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Week 5: Rest and Relaxation

This is the first week I've taken off from traveling since we arrived here in Europe but it was still a fun week filled with activities and it was nice to just relax for the weekend instead of traveling and then crunching homework at the last minute. We got to shadow surgeries this week and talk with the doctors about all the different types of work they do on a daily basis. It was a great opportunity to see what I may be doing in the field in a few years and learn about how medical practice differs across the world. I also found it really cool to watch a procedure up close to learn about all the work that goes into even the tiniest procedures. Then having an extra day off really helped me catch up on my homework since the week before all I did was travel and have fun. Even though my weekend was filled with homework assignments it was very peaceful to stay in town and just take it easy. It's also fun getting to spend time with friends at the local bars. With that I'm super excited for Karneval this week and can't wait to write about that and my upcoming trip to Sweden!

No comments:

Post a Comment