Sunday, February 9, 2020

WEEK 3

WEEK 3

This week I spent most of my time focusing on getting comfortable in the city and spending time with my host family. Every aspect of my life is starting to feel a little more natural. They say that it takes 21 days for something to become a habit and I think they are right. It's harder to think about going back to my old life than it is staying here in Germany forever. The other day a friend asked me about something from back home, where I lived my Junior year of College or something. I was surprised how long it took me to recall what life was like before coming here. I feel like all these new experiences and memories are pushing memories of home further and further away. I have been journaling about everything I am doing here and taking countless pictures and videos so I can remember it all but I am realizing that I need to be mentally prepared to return home. Maybe I need to spend a little time remembering what life back home is like to I won't have such a hard time adjusting back into the swing of things.


Me standing next to the model operating room on our visit to the Horst-Stoeckel Museum of the History of Anaesthesia.


Visiting Tacos Bonn, a new favorite of my friends and I. 


Going shopping with my host mom in our local EDEKA.

No comments:

Post a Comment