Sunday, February 16, 2020

WEEK 5

WEEK 5 
This week went by super fast. I think it's because classes got canceled due to the hurricane so it was really only a 4 day week. We had our first exam of the semester on Tuesday. It was for genetics and I was glad to get it over with. We took it about a week late since we were in Vienna last week when the rest of the class took it. I spent the weekend trying to get ahead since this upcoming week is going to be pretty busy. 



2/9/20

This is a doppler radar of the hurricane Sunday night. Even though this hurricane seemed to be pretty mild where we were, the all the flights in and out of Bonn/Cologne were canceled. This made it interesting because the majority of the class was in Prague and Budapest and had to wait til Monday afternoon to come home. 



2/12/20

On Wednesday I got to go to the University Clinic of Bonn and shadow an anesthesiologist. It was super interesting. Because I work in a surgery department at a hospital in Austin, I found it super interesting to see the differences between hospitals. The anesthesiologist I shadowed taught me a lot about specific practices and procedures as well as what it's like to work at a teaching hospital. 



2/14/20

On Friday during physiology lab my friend Maggie sent me a care package in celebration of Galentines day. It consisted of 3 types of Mac'n Cheese, heart shaped Reeses, nuun tablets (because I've been telling her I've been dehydrated), a Badass Women magazine, and a card that brought me to tears! What a Freundin! 



2/14/20

I have really enjoyed having host brothers. This is a video I made with my younger host brother Julius. We were shooting the drum with a nerf gun and I video tapped it in slow motion. 



2/15/20

I ran some errands on Saturday around the pedestrian zone and got to see some of the festivities leading up to the big Karneval that will be happening next weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment