Sunday, February 16, 2020

Week 3 and first travel weekend!

Howdy again y'all!

I apologize for my tardiness on this week's blog, they just really started slipping away from me between all the excitement of our first travels! Unfortunately, if you're reading this blog for that side of the story, you'll actually have to go to my next weeks' update...

School has been not what I would describe as a struggle so far, but something closer to a challenge. I know this is all part of a process working here, and I am thankful for how it is going to transform me on the other side! I have quickly realized that time management is going to be crucial to my success on this study abroad. If I plan on spending the majority of my weekends in other countries, then there is going to have to be some serious planning going on behind the scenes to make that possible.

211 is once again being as difficult as ever. It is truly the only class I am worried about so far. Everything else I know I will be able to work with, but Signals and Systems just REALLY aren't wanting to click with me for some reason... who knows.

A few of the activities we got to take place in this week were 2 museum tours! One of these was the the Anesthesiology Museum where we had the opportunity to learn all about the history of anesthesiology, and the development of the process through the past century or two.

Our second museum was our "House of History" tour, one on the history of Germany post-WWII. A very interesting time that was! Dr. Wasser has a gift with museum tours, and I honestly have no idea how the man can keep so much information in his head!

The weekend was one well-spent in Amsterdam, but as this groups well with our following week and weekend in Vienna and Prague, I will leave it for that blog post.

Danke und Gig 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment