Monday, February 17, 2020

Week 5 in Europe

Hallo!
We have been abroad for a Monat now! I spent week 5 abroad catching up on sleep in Bonn. We got delayed coming home from Budapest due to the severe weather, so I got home late Monday night. Tuesday, we went to the Bonn Hospital to scrub in on surgeries. I got to watch them extract the Parotid Gland with 3 golf ball sized tumors out of the head. They then sent it out for a biopsy to determine if the tumors were malignant or benign. I left at this time. The surgery was really cool, and informative. A lot of the information from Physiology related to what the Anesthesiologist was doing. Wednesday I had off since the other group was going to shadow. So I caught up on sleep and went to all you can eat sushi for lunch. Thursday was a normal school day, and then Friday was Valentine's Day, so we all went out to keep each other company. My host family got me Kraft Macaroni and Cheese and I was so happy! They are so incredible. Saturday I slept all day (wasn't kidding about all the sleep). Sunday I went to my first Karneval parade with my host sister Laura, it was so fun! This week Karneval continues and then Sweden/Norway for the Northern Lights! Bis Bald!

No comments:

Post a Comment