Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Week 3 in Europe

Hallo! It's been a busy few weeks of adventure so I got a little behind on blogging.
The third week was pretty busy with school, however we did make a trip to the Anesthesiology Museum. My favorite part was how the man running the Museum is a piece of history itself. He is about to turn 90 and still working/ giving tours of this Museum. I love the passion he has for his job, and I hope to one day find fulfillment as much as he does. (However, I do not want to be working until 90, retiring soon sounds nice like right after college) Later that night we went to Old Town on a pub tour with other Aggies and a student worker from AIB. It was so fun! and we found a Kareoke Bar with Mamma Mia! (Ashley and the girls!!) On Friday, we met with Enmodes (the German Biotech company we are working with to run our problems through with the guy in charge. Had me feeling pretty pumped for this once in a lifetime opportunity. Saturday morning I got up early to head to Amsterdam. I had difficulty opening the door of the train to get off for a transfer and ending up not being able to get off, so I had to spend an extra 50$ to get to Amsterdam, but it was well worth it. The city is beautiful even in the dead of winter. The grass is still green, there are lights on any street corner and canal lighting everything up, and the Anne Frank museum was everything I had hoped. It was an incredible experience to see the attics I have read about and to put yourselves in the shoes of those of that time. Chilling and eye opening. We also checked out the night life that night, and boy was it fun! So many good laughs and memories. The next day I went to the Vann Gogh museum (no Starry night, however still incredible) with lunch at a typical Dutch place. Lots of fried foods, but I wasn't a huge fan of all of them. I popped into the sex museum because hey it was only 5 euros, and when in Amsterdam? Surprisingly it was very historical and had lots of artifacts. Very interesting to say the least. Then we headed back to Bonn, with a train that never showed up. I have gotten quickly accustomed to late/cancelled buses, trains, and planes here in Europe, but hey its cheap. I absolutely love it here, stay tuned for more. Bis Bald!

No comments:

Post a Comment