Thursday, February 27, 2020

Week 6: Sweden & Norway

Week 6

Last weekend we had an Airbnb in Narvik, Norway. It was one of the best Airbnb's I have ever stayed in. It comfortably fit all six of us, it included a small kitchen, and the view was incredible. What more could you need? 

view from our Airbnb

The first night, we drove to the Aurora Sky Station in Abisko, Sweden (about an hour from our Airbnb) in hopes of seeing the Northern Lights. We got there around 10 pm, which was right around the time that the lights became visible. We stayed there for a few hours while the lights continually got brighter and brighter. They really do dance in the night sky. 

Northern Lights from Aurora Sky Station

For breakfast we cooked bacon, eggs, potatoes, and banana-Nutella french toast. It was so yummy!!! Thank you Kevin for being our head chef for the weekend. Kevin was in charge of the cooking, but the rest of our group did our best to help out with preparation and cleaning.
we (mostly Kevin) cooked breakfast ☺ 


Last weekend I got the chance to go skiing for my first time. It was so fun, and for sure one of my favorite parts of this trip. I love the outdoors, being active, and challenging myself to try new things, and skiing is the perfect combination of all of these things. 
my first time skiing - Narvikfjellet Ski Resort


me & Kevin swinging on the mountain 
after a long day of skiing

Pictured below is us with the Mercedes van we rented for the weekend. A van is a must-have for getting around Norway/Sweden because everything is so spread out. We had the best time riding around in the van and Ashley was a very safe driver (even in the blizzard). Thank you Ashley for driving all weekend!!!

our van for the weekend

I say this in every blog, but this really was my favorite weekend trip so far. It's going to be a hard one to beat. The best part was getting closer to the five other people on the trip. I'm thankful for getting to have these awesome experiences with great friends.

Thanks for treating us so well, Sweden ~

 Sweden


photo creds: Kevin & Cody

No comments:

Post a Comment