Saturday, February 8, 2020

Week 3 in Bonn

This week we continued with our classes in Bonn leading up to our first travel weekend. Some highlights of the week included the anesthesiology museum and our second meeting with Enmodes to discuss our semester long project. I still don't really know what to expect from the Enmodes project and it seems a little daunting. However, I'm excited to do some more research and narrow the scope of our project. For our first travel weekend, I took an overnight train to Munich with a group of 4 friends. The overnight train was rough, but doable and once we got to Munich we forgot about how tired we were. It was so exciting to travel outside of Bonn and explore a brand new city. We visited Marienplatz, the Hofbrauhaus, and many more beautiful sights in Munich. Munich was really pretty and I just enjoyed walking around the city. On our second day, we decided to take a day trip out to Neuschwanstein Castle which was nothing short of magical. The castle was beautiful, but I think what I liked most was being in the alps and enjoying the views in nature. I'm more of an outdoors person rather than a city person so it was nice to be out in the mountains for a change. We took another overnight train back to Bonn and made it on time for class Monday. I'm loving how easy it is to travel here and explore new places each week.

No comments:

Post a Comment