Sunday, February 16, 2020

Week 5 in Bonn

At the beginning of this week, a hurricane hit the coast of Germany and grounded all flights coming back to Bonn so my friends and I got stuck in Prague for another day. Not the worst place to be stuck in the world. I was glad that I got to explore more of the city before coming back to Bonn. On Tuesday I had a day off because half of our class was shadowing surgery at the Uniklinik, and on Wednesday it was my turn in the OR. I was really excited to watch some interesting surgeries and learn from the physicians there, however in the first surgery I felt like I was going to pass out so I had to step out and take a break. I went back to watch the rest of the procedure, and ended up seeing 2 more procedures that day. I'm really glad I stayed because I saw some really interesting surgeries like a leg amputation, and I got to talk to the physicians and learn about the differences in the medical fields of Germany and the US. Thursday and Friday were normal class days, and because Friday was Valentines, I went out with some friends to our favorite bar in Bonn, Tacos. This weekend I decided to stay in Bonn to relax and recover after all of the traveling I did last week. I'm glad I stayed because I got to spend time with my host family, as well as attend the Carneval celebration in my host family's village. I'm looking forward to my trip to Berlin next week, as well as spending Rose Monday in Cologne.

No comments:

Post a Comment