Friday, February 14, 2020

Week 3 - Lots of Chocolate

My third week in Bonn was pretty crazy. School is starting to pick up and finding a new way to balance studying and traveling has been interesting. In week 3 we all visited the Anesthesiology Museum. It was interesting to see how much anesthetic drugs and machines have changed in the last 100 years. I wish we had gotten to spend longer in the museum, but what we did see was interesting. Pretty much everyone either went to Munich or Amsterdam that weekend, but I chose to stay local. I went to Koln on Saturday and toured the Chocolate museum. Needless to say, I left with a lot of souvenirs from that museum. I also toured the Ludwig Museum of Modern Art. Some of the art was interesting and I enjoyed it, but other pieces just went right over my head. I guess I don't have the brain for modern art. However I enjoyed the pieces by Andy Warhol and Roy Lichtenstein, as they are some of my favorite pop artists. Overall my day in Koln was nice and I enjoyed a day to just explore the city on my own time.

No comments:

Post a Comment