Monday, February 10, 2020

Week 3

Week three, the first week we can travel.

If I could use one word to describe how this week has been, it would be long. The weekdays were filled with back to back school, which can be interesting at times, it was very tiring. The Enmodes project also felt like it got a kickstart when we sat down in our small groups and spoke with a representative from Enmodes about our problem statements. Regardless, I'm still so grateful for the opportunity to be in Europe and to have my days filled with activities.

The weekend, however, is a completely different story. We went to Amsterdam this past weekend for the first weekend of travel. We left Saturday, in the morning, since we didn't get out of classes until 6pm Friday night. We got up at 4am to hop on the 5:45am train to Amsterdam! The train ride there was nice because we only had one transfer and I was able to sleep on the way there (stayed tuned for the trip back).

When we got there we immediately went out to see the city. It's so beautiful, with all the canals running through the city, making it incredibly vibrant and full of life. We explored a bit, checked into our Airbnb (which happened to not even be in Amsterdam lol), then went back into town to go to Anne Frank. I am so happy that I was able to go to Anne Frank because we had to get the tickets the day of. After that we took the night out to ourselves and just roamed around the city looking for places to hang out and things to see. Unfortunately, I didn't take that many pictures of anything, I mainly just have this large group photo of all of us.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1C_ISfYuPZns_w9jDS7uY7m9u88laiPdC

But long story short: Amsterdam was one of the best weekends and I’m glad I got to spend it with some pretty cool people.

No comments:

Post a Comment