Sunday, February 16, 2020

Bonn Week 5

So it turns out 211 is pretty hard! Doesn't seem like it's anyone's strong suit, least of all mine. But besides working on the school/vacation balance, I don't want to talk a whole lot about school.
The beginning of the week was pretty uneventful, but Valentine's Day was fun! Dany's boyfriend got flowers delivered to the AIB, which was super thoughtful and sweet, and she was really happy about it. We went out that night in Bonn and it was super fun to hang out with the whole group, as always. Europe feels like home now, and that's a really nice feeling. Of course, it's still frustrating when I don't have the knowledge I need to communicate the way I need to, but that's on me. I spent a lot of time at home studying this week and got really sick after going to the hospital to watch surgery. The OR was cool, but it was mostly ENT stuff, and watching surgery on a screen is less exciting than, for example, the leg amputation that Dany got to see. Going to the doctor was pretty interesting despite the circumstances that brought me there (HR over 130 for multiple hours and waking up in a cold sweat every 30 minutes anyone?). It was kinda weird to have Malek reading the paperwork to me and filling it out because I hadn't really talked to him before, but walking there with him was interesting; Gesine said that public universities in Germany only cost like 200 euros/semester so I asked him about it and he said it was more like 400, as if that was a lot. Needless to say, he was pretty shocked when I said I pay around $7500/semester to go to a state school, but it was cool to talk to someone who's gone through the system in another country. Gesine makes some of the best chicken soup I've had, and she's been so nice while I've been sick. I love living here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment