Sunday, February 23, 2020

Bonn Week 5

Karneval pt.1  and Brussels, baby!
This week was really exciting after all the buildup about Karneval this semester. Being in the parade was super fun, and I had CRAZY baby fever looking at all of the little kids dressed up, which honestly freaked me out a little bit. After the parade, we hung out with some of the people in the other AIB programs, and they were pretty fun. It was cool meeting new people, and they had developed some of the same inside jokes as us, especially involving catching pigeons, not that it's a particularly original thing. Going out that night was pretty crazy. Germans really know how to party! Some dude dressed as a basketball player offered me coke (which I politely declined) and another random guy handcuffed me and Bri together in an attempt to get us to kiss him (which I also politely declined).
I went to Brussels with Bri and Dany over the weekend for a lil girls trip and it was GREAT for bonding. Against all common sense, we went to a Starbucks that had crazy weird architecture and took up way more space than necessary, but it was actually pretty good. They also had a Uniqlo store, so we went and I picked up some more thermal clothes and a fanny pack and I can't believe I waited that long because it's so much better than carrying everything around in my pockets. We found an amazing brunch restaurant and went to Grand Place, as well as taking a chocolate tour that was really interesting and led us to a restaurant in an area we never would have explored to get mussels for lunch and found an amazing honey beer. Overall, Brussels probably felt the most like a city in the US, but I still really liked being there with Bri and Dany, and Gesine loved the chocolates that I got her! Stay tuned for more Karneval content in my next post.





No comments:

Post a Comment