Monday, February 17, 2020

Week 4

*Most of this Blog post was written in word on Wednesday, February 5th.

This last week has been quite hectic, and I can only see my schedule getting more packed as our trip in Vienna and Budapest continues. Friday after classes, I went to bed early and woke up at 5 am Saturday morning, ready to depart with a group of classmates to Amsterdam. The train ride was long and boring, but the city was worth every moment of unpleasant travel time. After exiting the train, we immediately walked downtown to one of the largest European outdoor markets and browsed the large variety of wares while eating fried chicken and stroopwafels. Most of that day was spent wandering aimlessly throughout the city as we gazed at the plethora of beautiful views. At night, we visited the Anne Frank museum, which was a far more emotional and informative than I had anticipated. We left the museum and bar hopped for the remainder of the night.
The next day involved sleeping in until noon then failing to purchase Van Gogh museum tickets as they had promptly sold out. We instead went to the Modern Museum of Art, which had great pieces by Picasso and other talented artists I had never heard of.

I had one full day of rest, then our entire class set off to Vienna on Tuesday. The train ride was long, but I managed to study and get some work finished. The first night, we toured a crypt beneath a Church, an equally creepy and fascinating experience. We later ate at the Gulaschmuseum, where I tried a horse dish. Honestly, horse is nowhere near as good as cow, so I plan to stick with beef products in the future. The next day, we got a great tour of the city from Dr. Wasser dressed as a Middle Ages doctor. That night, Zaheer managed to find a bar of mostly college students open on a Wednesday night by talking to strangers. Overall, this last week of travel has been a great experience and I look forward to continuing my journey outside of Germany.
*Me outside of a Viennese Castle after a long day of travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment