Thursday, February 13, 2020

Week 3: All Aboard

So classes are officially in full swing and the weather is not quite the nice Texas heat I'm used to but I finally got to travel out of the country this weekend and we headed to Amsterdam! The train was super early in the morning and I had to walk about two miles just to catch a tram to the station so I made sure to get plenty of sleep on the train ride there so I'd be ready to go all day. We fit so many activities into one small weekend. We spent the first day at the market and touring around the city concluding the day with a tour of the Anne Frank House which was really neat to see. Our airbnb was kind of far out of the city but it was at least decently priced. We went out that night for some fun and drinks to see the night life in Amsterdam which was a lot of fun! We took the next morning kind of slow but we eventually got moving and went to see the Modern Art Museum which was a much more interesting take on what I expected Europeans to call "art." We left after that and had a heck of time getting home because both of our trains ended up getting delayed over an hour and our TA Kevin couldn't talk so I had fun playing charades and messing with him. I'm looking forward to Vienna this next week and Budapest on the weekend!








No comments:

Post a Comment