Friday, February 14, 2020

Week 4: 4 Countries in a week?

Ok, last week was one of the most fun, most chaotic weeks of my life. I started my week (Sunday) in Amsterdam, went back home to Bonn for Monday, left to Vienna on a program excursion on Tuesday, then went to Prague on Friday. This means that I was in the Netherlands, Germany, Austria, and the Czech Republic all in one week.

I'll start in chronological order, obviously. In Amsterdam, we spent most of our time having fun and just goofing around. Amsterdam is honestly such a "young city" and it's so beautiful and lively. I wrote about the specifics of what went on in my last blog post so I'll spare the details for now.

For Bonn, it was rough. Since we got home from Amsterdam around 1:30 am and we had to be up at 7am because we had class at 8:45am. the class day was long and boring, nothing special. I mainly just wanted to go through the day so I could go back home and nap, that's how tired I was. Overall, a very mediocre day that was much needed as a rest day between Amsterdam and Vienna.

On Tuesday, I had to get up at 4am to leave to Vienna. The 8-hour train ride there was gruesome, I already hate long plane rides and trains aren't any better by my standards. That Tuesday morning I just spent recovering on the train. Once we got to Vienna we dropped off our stuff at the hotel and went on some tours, which were fairly interesting but my exhaustion took priority for me. Don't quite remember what we did that night, probably went out to a bar and drank a bit but nothing too wild.

The Wednesday, however, was much better. I don't quite remember what tours and activities we did that day, but I do remember the fun I had that night with my friends. We went out that night to a bar called "Dick Macks" and met some cool Austrian people who took us to a pizza place and then to a nightclub called "U2". Apparently, nightclubs in Vienna go hard and are open until 6am, so it was my kind of city. The night overall was really fun and we stayed out dancing (which I LOVE) until 3am.

...however, I felt the consequences of my actions Thursday night when we had to be up at 7:30am to go to a medical pathology museum. The medical pathology museum I think has been by far my most favorite but it didn't help that I was exhausted from the night before. That night I decided to chill out and went back to the hotel early and slept all night.

That Friday we went to a natural history museum which was really cool and interesting. I took lots of pictures and loved running around and pretending I was the new lead in the next Night in the Museum movie. Outside the museum was also very beautiful so we took lots of photos as you can see:

 Then on Friday, we went to Prague which was so beautiful and amazing. I honestly didn't know that much about Prague before I went but I'm glad I went because I had an amazing time with all my friends. We got to see the astronomical clock and the Prague Castle and just have a good time in Prague.

Overall, the week was chaotic but so so amazing and truly a week I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment