Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Week 4

This was a hectic but exciting week. I and a group of friends left for Amsterdam at 5:30 am from Bonn. It was a smooth ride and arrived in 4 hours. However, I made one mistake. I did not pack light enough. We had to walk around the city for a couple of hours lugging our bags as our check-in for Airbnb was at 3:00 pm.  This was not fun! While there, we visited some of the most coveted museums and districts. My favorite was visiting the Anne Frank house. Before the trip, I did not know a lot of information about her but seeing her diaries, where she lived, and the infamous closet really opened my eyes to how great and brave of a young woman she was. We also went out to eat for every meal and I did not understand how expensive travel, accommodation, and food could be. Thus, from this trip, I have learned about some of the histories of Amsterdam, its culture, and most of all bonded with the group of friends that came. Next week we are going to Vienna and Budapest. Stay tuned to be updated for the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment