Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Wingin' It

That phrase refers to both my actual physical location and to my current mental state. I am literally about to "wing it", as I am sitting in the airport lobby, waiting to board and fly off to Germany. And I'm just realizing now, as I am writing this post, that I sort of just "winged it" when it came to deciding to go on this trip. I never really took the time to question it- of course I want to go to a foreign country for three months with some ((really cool)) strangers. Who wouldn't? At least I didn't question my decision until today, until the last glimpse of my parents waving goodbye.

I've never really been on my own. I have six siblings. Half of my high school class came to Texas A&M with me. A&M is closer to my home town than my high school was. And I've never been out of the country. I've always been in my comfort zone, which is why when I was given the opportunity to get as far out of my comfort zone as possible I jumped. And why I never questioned my decision, until now. But even now, I'm only questioning the uncomfortableness of it all. I'm ready to go. I'm excited to go. I'm looking forward to learning about the world, about other cultures, about myself.

While I wish I could expand on what I am expecting, but I don't really know what I am expecting. I'm expecting the unexpected I guess. I'm expecting to miss my family. I'm expecting challenges. I'm expecting to learn a lot. I'm expecting to take way too many pictures. I'm expecting a lot of memories. "Just wing it" is my motto for this trip, and I'm excited to see where it will take me. Speaking of, its time to board!! Talk soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment