Friday, January 19, 2018

Prospective: 10 days late.

I joined the Germany Biosciences program primarily because I’ve had a long-time fascination with Germany. Rather early on after coming to A&M I heard about the program and second to getting into the BMEN program in the first place, participation in the program became one of my main goals. As we’ve come closer to the start of the program I’ve learned more and more about it and everything I’ve learned so far has only served to further convince me of what an amazing opportunity this program is both personally and professionally. I hope being immersed in German culture for an extended period can help me learn German, as more traditional methods of learning it haven’t been terribly successful, but I love the language. Additionally, I hope this program can help to revitalize my drive for my education, as my performance this last semester was not up to my standards. I am somewhat worried about culture shock and how I will get along in Germany but my main worry is that I won’t get as much out of this program as I could have. I know I have a tendency to not take advantage of things as much as I should when I can, and I tend to miss out because of that. I hope that in joining with my peers they can help motivate me to take every opportunity I can while abroad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment