Tuesday, January 9, 2018

My Journey Begins

Studying abroad is an important time in anyone’s life. When I began college I never expected to be doing a study abroad trip. I never expected myself to be travelling so far from home and leaving my comfort zone. I made this decision because I know I will most likely not be able to seize an opportunity like this in my lifetime. I am excited about learning a new culture and language; in addition, to meeting new people. I have visited many places around the world which include India, Dubai, the Virgin Islands, Mexico, and the Caribbean islands. I am used to travelling far and wide but this will be my first journey alone. I am ready for whatever challenge I may face and am ready to learn a great deal.

I first contacted my host family in the month of December and they seem to be very nice and welcoming. I am still in contact with my host mother and she has discussed with me the different types of foods she will be giving me! I am very excited to be trying different German foods and getting to better know my host mother.

I am mainly nervous about living with my new family, how classes will be and adjusting to a new culture and region. But I am very excited to be learning a new language and meeting different types of people. I hope to learn about the German culture and language. My main goal for this study abroad is to meet as many people as I can, travel far and wide and to be a proficient speaker of the German language.


No comments:

Post a Comment