Sunday, January 28, 2018

Part 2

This makes the second week of school, and honestly thats all this week pretty much consisted of.

School is school. So far I actually do like it better here than being on campus. The classes here are more personalized and you actually know everyone and have direct contact with the instructors if need be. So far physiology is still my favorite class. I think genetics is interesting however, the fact that it starts so late, really takes the fun out of learning the information because by then all I think about is food and my bed. All in all everything thus far has been an experience and I think it will all work out in the end.

This week we did go to The House of History Museum in Bonn and it was pretty cool to see and learn some of the history about Germany and Bonn. I liked that it was set up as a chronological narration through time until today. The robot at the end was a nice touch in my opinion because it shows that they take the time to continually make it better for people to see. I enjoyed seeing the classic Mercedes Benz and Volkswagen Bettle. I have a bottle so I thought it was pretty cool to see a version that is 50 years older. The base model is still pretty much the same though, except now the windows can actually curve.

Today we went to a soccer game. It was my first time actually sitting to watch any match less known a professional one in Germany. I'm not a fan of the sport, but I'm glad now that I can say that I did it. I didn't know soccer players did all the unnecessary and extra dramatic flopping on the field. I guess it kind of like basketball when the opponent wants to take a charge and they act as if the wind has been knocked out of them. The home team won 2-0. It took them forever to score so it wasn't that exciting because I wanted to see some action.

I've literally have yet to buy anything that I don't like the food is awesome, and there is still so many things to try. Unfortunately, I have no control on dinner from my host family, but most of the time its pretty tasty as well. I have a new obsession with the McDonalds chicken wings. First off, I didn't know McDonalds made chicken wings and second this is the only place that I've found that had them. Hot wings are my favorite and all week I was craving them so one night after going out we stopped at  McDonalds and I found my new favorite snack.

Time to get some Zs since I have yet to adjust to this new schedule and my body hates me because its drained. We also have to be out the house at 4am Tuesday so that shall be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment