Wednesday, January 17, 2018

I just want to sleep

I don't know why, but I have been so tired since our arrival in Germany. As soon as I hear the Schwarzspecht call on Sonja's bird clock signaling 9 pm, I always think "oh! It's time for bed!". Even though I am tired, traveling around Bonn and Germany has been fun!

Our trip to Aachen on Tuesday was great because I have always wanted to go to a cathedral ever since I took an architecture class for my language/culture credit. It's so weird seeing places that are hundreds of years old and just imagining all the history that happened there. I felt this the most at the throne in the cathedral. On the throne, you could see where the marble had been polished from all the past kings and queens putting their hands on the armrests. I really wanted to touch it too, but I am pretty sure that would have been frowned upon....

I never realized how hard it is to actually plan a trip. I now understand why my parents were so stressed when planning a trip and relieved when they were done! Planning trips may be another reason why I am so tired, it's so stressful! But now my trip to go see Neuschwanstein Castle is complete. Now I only have to worry about catching all my trains and buses I have booked, checking into my hostel, and making sure my tickets for the castle are actually reserved. But I just need to not stress and worry so much.... I get it from my mother I suppose because she always has travel anxiety.

We go to Cologne on Friday, and we get to tour another cathedral! I am glad we are traveling by train because that is something I have been wanting to experience for a while now, even if it is just a short train ride. Most students are leaving from Cologne to go to Belgium, but I am just as happy to have a calm weekend at home. This way, I can catch up (and maybe even get ahead) on all my schoolwork and start planning other trips! Hopefully, if weather permits and it is not too muddy, Shannon and I will be able to hike up to the ruins on the seven hills sometime during the weekend too. 

Now that this is done... it's bedtime!!

No comments:

Post a Comment