Wednesday, January 24, 2018

2nd Week

For the 2nd week of the program we visited the city of Cologne. Cologne was a definitely much bigger than Bonn and captured the feeling of a big city. For lunch I had eaten a German sausage and potato salad which was beyond delicious. We toured the city and saw the Gothic cathedral which was the most interesting part of the city for me. Inside the cathedral I was able to go to the top and view the city. It was breathtaking and I wanted to stay up there forever.
After visiting Cologne on Friday we went to Brussels for the weekend. The highlight of trip was eating the delicious Belgian fries and waffles. The Belgian fries had a tasty sauce called Samurai sauce which was both delicious and spicy. The Belgian waffles I had were chocolate with powdered sugar and had melted in my mouth. I was able to view the making of the batter and how the waffle was prepared which was mouthwatering. I was also able to see the architecture of the Grand Palace in the city square which was impeccable. Overall, my first side trip excursion was very fun.
Classes have begun and the work is definitely picking up. Prioritizing my time is definitely a big skill I need to work if I want to attend more side excursions across Europe. My next trips will be to Vienna and Budapest. For the first time, I have to plan my own trips and get a taste of the adult world. Overall, I am enjoying my time here in Germany and am loving every bit of my study abroad journey. I am eager for what the next three months has to offer me!

No comments:

Post a Comment