Wednesday, January 10, 2018

The day it all begins

I am sitting on the floor of bedroom, surrounded by suitcases crammed with everything from a hammock to socks. My head swirls with a concoction of emotions as I anticipate my journey to the airport. As a child, I grew up watching my dad travel the world. Hearing his vivid stories of culture and mouthwatering descriptions of food instilled a distinct passion for travel in me. The opportunity to finally experience this myself is exciting to say the least. My family traveled frequently when my sisters and I were younger. However, it was mostly in the United States and we were always together.

Today, I am traveling alone to a country I have never visited before. Traveling without my family definitely places me outside my comfort zone. Instead of packing alongside them, I had to say goodbye. I also had to part with the friends I see everyday, my cherished pup Molly, and torchys queso. These difficult goodbyes, however, made room for new hellos. My experiences abroad will be new and life changing. I am eager to learn, meet new people, explore new things, and find something to replace my queso addiction.

Today is the day it all begins, and I cannot wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment