Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Day -01

My family has extremely strong Germanic roots and I grew up being surrounded by German food, music, nursery rhymes, and books. By attending this study abroad program I hope to not only be able learn about my major, but immerse myself in my culture as well. I have wanted to study abroad ever since I learned that you could live in a separate country, all the while receiving a proper, high quality education. Now, the perfect opportunity has presented itself. One concern I had regarding studying abroad was that I would have to sacrifice the quality of my education. However, this program will be led by Texas A&M faculty so I know that I will be in a comfortable, familiar learning environment. I am dreading leaving my puppy and best friends, but my host family has a pet and I know I'll meet many new people. My biggest fear is that I won't be able to find gluten free food, but hopefully it won't be a huge issue. I'm excited for the chance to broaden my cultural lens, enhance my capabilities as an engineer and increase my network. The experiences gained by studying abroad are extensive, and I cannot wait to see how this program will change me for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment